included, but are not limited to:
-Wind Energy, Small Hydro Energy, Solar Energy, Photovoltaic Energy, Ocean
Energy, Geothermal, Biomass,
-Classical and special electrical generators: Theory, design, analysis,
losses, efficiency, heating and cooling, vibration and noise, modelling
and simulation, control strategies, protection systems, maintenance, mechanical
behaviour, new methods of testing, parallel operation, stability,...
-Power plants. Distributed generation. Fuel cells. Co-generation. Hybrid
Systems. Original solutions,...
- Hybrid Systems. Microgrids. Smart grids. Original solutions,...
- Energy conversion, conservation and energy efficiency.
- Energy saving policy. Energy storage. Batteries,...
-Energy and the environment. Ecological balance. Ecosystem,...
- Application of the renewable energy. Best practice projects.
- Legislation in the area of renewable energies.
-Biomass combustion techniques. The energy use of agricultural and forest
residues. Production and the energy exploitation of bio-gas. Environment.
- Interconnection and transport problems.
- Planning and control of the power system take into account the renewable
energy. Stability. Protection
- Economic analysis of the power system take into account the renewable
- Regulation/des-regulation of the power market. Influence of the renewable
-Models and simulation of the power systems. Models and estimation of
loads. Software tools.
-Application of the communications, internet, artificial intelligence
for the renewable energy.
- Security assessment and risk analysis in renewable energy
- Technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of renewable
- Recent advances in transmission technologies (AC and DC) for renewable
- Electric vehicles.
-Electrical Machines &
Drives, Power electronics, and Control strategies for renewable energy
- Monitoring and Diagnostics of electrical machines & drives, Tools
for Diagnostics and Test for Predictive Maintenance for renewable energies
- Sensors and actuators for renewable energies applications.
- Renewable Energies Teaching
include, but are not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Power Quality in Transport and Distribution.
- Economic Studies of the Power Quality
-Low-frequency conducted disturbances: Voltage deviations, voltage fluctuations/flicker,
voltage dips and short interruptions, harmonics and inter-harmonics, transient
over-voltages, voltage unbalance (imbalance), temporary power-frequency
-Sources, effects and mitigation methods of the disturbances.
- FACT (Flexible Alternating Transmission Systems)
- Measurements of the power quality in networks, industrial installations
and Laboratories. Equipment, procedures and measurement methods. Standards.
- Modelling and simulation of the power quality. Software tools.
- Transmission of the disturbances
- Filtering techniques
- Power factor compensation. Capacitor switching techniques
- Optimization techniques
- Communication, internet and artificial intelligence.
- Permanent monitoring techniques and online diagnosis
- Intelligent energy delivery systems. Uninterrupted power supplies
- Expert systems applications
- Devices, equipment and power systems. Control centres
- Specific problems and studies cases
- Power quality influence in deregulated markets
- High frequency disturbances (radiated)
- Data security and electromagnetic pulses.
- Protection against natural and intentional EMI
- Power Quality Teaching