included, but are not limited to:
- Wind Energy, Small Hydro Energy, Solar Energy, Photovoltaic Energy,
Ocean Energy, Geothermal, Biomass,
- Classical and special electrical generators: Theory, design, analysis,
losses, efficiency, heating and cooling, vibration and noise, modelling
and simulation, control strategies, protection systems, maintenance, mechanical
behaviour, new methods of testing, parallel operation, stability,...
system planning and network configuration. Power system stability and
- Power plants. Distributed generation. Co-generation. Hybrid Systems.
- Hybrid Systems. Microgrids. Computational Intelligence for Microgrid
Management. Smart grids Control, Operation and Protection. Hybrid grids.
- Energy conversion, conservation and energy efficiency.
- Energy saving policy.
- Energy and the environment. Ecological balance. Ecosystem,...
- Energy and Social Development...
- Life Sycle Assessment Approach...
- Application of the renewable energy. Best practice projects.
- Energy markets: Operation, specificity, regulation...
- Legislation in the area of renewable energies.
- Biomass combustion techniques. The energy use of agricultural and forest
residues. Production and the energy exploitation of bio-gas. Sustainable
Energy. Environment impact of Energy Production. Social importance
- Interconnection and transport problems.
- Planning and control of the power system take into account the renewable
energy. Stability. Protection
- Economic analysis of the power system take into account the renewable
- Regulation/des-regulation of the power market. Influence of the renewable
- Models and simulation of the power systems. Models and estimation of
loads. Software tools.
- Application of the communications, internet, artificial intelligence
for the renewable energy.
- Security assessment and risk analysis in renewable energy
- Technical and economic issues of the large-scale integration of renewable
- Recent advances in transmission technologies (AC and DC) for renewable
- Energy storage applications. Fuel cells. Batteries,...
-Integrated Renewable Technologies in buildings Dynamic Building Envelope Systems Passive Heating and Cooling System Smart Building Operating Strategies Technology transfer, design tools and input to national policy Building Performance Simulation Thermal comfort Energy and Environmental Assessment in buildings Policy perspective on Sustainability in energy and buildings.
- Electric vehicles.
The impact of the electric cars on the electric grid. E-mobility
- Electrical Machines & Drives, Power electronics, and Control strategies
for renewable energy applications.
- Monitoring and Diagnostics of electrical machines & drives.
- Power Electronics in Power Supplies. Smart Inverters.
- Tools for Diagnostics and Test for Predictive Maintenance for renewable
- Sensors and actuators for renewable energies applications.
- Renewable Energies Teaching and
Machine Learning in Power Systems Applications...
include, but are not limited to:
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Power Quality in Transport and Distribution.
- Economic Studies of the Power Quality
-Low-frequency conducted disturbances: Voltage deviations, voltage fluctuations/flicker,
voltage dips and short interruptions, harmonics and inter-harmonics, transient
over-voltages, voltage unbalance (imbalance), temporary power-frequency
- Sources, effects and mitigation methods of the disturbances.
- FACT (Flexible Alternating Transmission Systems)
- Measurements of the power quality in networks, industrial installations
and Laboratories. Equipment, procedures and measurement methods. Standards.
- Modelling and simulation of the power quality. Software tools.
- Transmission of the disturbances
- Filtering techniques
- Power factor compensation. Capacitor switching techniques
- Optimization techniques
- Communication, internet and artificial intelligence.
- Permanent monitoring techniques and online diagnosis
- Intelligent energy delivery systems. Uninterrupted power supplies
- Expert systems applications
- Devices, equipment and power systems. Control centres
- Specific problems and studies cases
- Power quality influence in deregulated markets
- High frequency disturbances (radiated)
- Data security and electromagnetic pulses.
- Protection against natural and intentional EMI
- Power Quality Teaching and Learning